IPN History is empty - Notifications not working

tls_iplus
New Community Member

Platform : PayPal Sandbox (Sandbox Environment)

Issue : Despite successfully completing trial orders with respective successful payments (hey are present in the list of payments received) I don't receive IPN notifications, and IPN History is blank.

I think "Notifications" configuration is complete and correct, other times everything worked correctly... but it just feels like the IPN service is off/down!

It's all ok?

Thanks

Merchant ID : SAF4N8JFSTF2Y

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id from your sandbox account.

I've checked the account and everything looks setup correctly for IPN, however whilst testing I'm not seeing any IPN's being generated either, which is unexpected.

I've disabled IPN on the account for now and will leave it off for a few hours and then re-enable it again. It may be a database wasn't updated correctly when the IPN URL was entered into the website payment preferences IPN section.

I've tried disabling it for a few mins and re-enabling it and also specifying a different IPN URL, but it made no difference. I also had to reset the password on the account in order to be able to access it directly and modify the IPN settings, so the account password is now "12345678" if you need to access the account. If possible, please don't change the password as I'll need to login to the account again in a few hours in order to re-enable IPN and conduct some further tests.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, there are two further avenues to explore.

1. Create a new sandbox account, add the IPN URL to the new account and see if IPN works ok in the new account (the account you're currently using was created in 2016)

2. I can submit a request internally for our IPN team to review the account and recent transactions to try and determine why IPN isn't firing for transactions being received into this account.

I'll try the account again in a few hours and see if leaving IPN disabled for that long has made any difference and we can move forward from there.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

tls_ortho
Contributor
Contributor

Hi MTS_Justin unfortunately the same thing happened also with another account that I just created with an email from another company ...and this time all sandbox accounts were new.
There must be something we are missing or there is actually a more serious problem with the IPN sandboxed service.

The other Merchant ID : NKDKE83AS9MFJ

(if is it possible don't change this sandbox account password...  meanwhile i don't have changed the other one, so if you have to do some tests...)

Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

I've checked IPN delivery in sandbox again today and there does appear to be an issue with IPN creation / delivery. I've raised the issue internally for further investigation to be conducted and a solution found. I'll updated this thread once the issue has been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

@tls_iplus

You can change the password on the sandbox account now if you wish and setup IPN again. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

davegolfer_22
Contributor
Contributor

Has this issue been resolved yet? I am still having the exact same problem.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The issue is still occurring and there is currently no ETA to share on the anticipated resolution of this issue.

Once the issue has been confirmed as resolved, I'll post back in this thread.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This issue has now been resolved and IPN delivery in our sandbox environment is back to normal functionality.

Apologies again for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Yeell

Im having the same issue, is it happening again?

Login to Me Too

bay2stamp
Contributor
Contributor

Please check it since this problem is happening again. Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

grantvm

Also having this issue. Hope this gets fixed right away.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.