IPN Error messages (Paypal support can't help)

roqstar
Contributor
Contributor

I keep receiving email notifications from Paypal even all orders on our platform work properly.

"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing: https://xxxxxxxx.com/paypal/ipn"

When I look up the IPN History in the Paypal account it shows a 404 error. But as said before everything on our platform works properly and orders go through properly.

When asking the Paypal Technical support I receive answers like: "You need to check your server." or "You need to check with your developers." What a let down and inefficienct way to help when I even pointed out that there are 404 errors in the IPN history but all orders go through properly.

I even pointed out that the only thing that is different is that the we have sent 4 payments (we usually only receive) and since then we receive this IPN notification email.

So now I try my luck here as the support seems not be able to answer with efficent and logic answers.

Platform is Laravel 5.4 based and ran on AWS EC2.
Everything runs properly and orders go through.
We intergrated Paypal Adaptive Payments in our marketplace platform as the seller (product price) and the marketplace (commission) get both instantly paid.

I'm thankful for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

A "404" error indicates the exact URL you've provided for IPN is not valid - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_404

The "404" error is being returned by the server receiving the request, ie. your server and you would need to check the logs for your webserver to determine why a "404 - not found" error is being returned, this isn't something that we can check for you.

If the IPN's cannot be delivered (irrelevant if your orders are completing) and a "404" response continues to be returned by the receiving server when we attempt to deliver IPN messages, IPN will be automatically disabled, so check your host and check the webserver logs to determine why a "404" is being returned and take the necessary steps to resolve the issue.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.