IPN Delivery Status Queued

wuu
Contributor
Contributor

IPN Delivery Status Queued - Transactions in the sandbox continue to be queued up causing no IPN log to be sent or any type of return to the merchant site to test.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We experienced a spike in the IPN queue for sandbox earlier today which would have caused IPN's to show a delivery status of "queued".

The backlog has now been cleared and IPN delivery should be occurring as normal.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Sometimes the sandbox does get behind. Are you seeing 200 responses for all of your IPNs that do get sent, though? Sometimes you can get pushed into a delayed queue if your IPNs are failing and causing re-sends.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

wuu
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I'm not seeing anything. I can only tell that it's being queued from the notification hisytory. I'm not seeing a log at all.

I tried the ipn simulation to make sure it was pointing correrctly. I received a log which showed that it was verified.

I'm not sure when a/the queue gets backed up, how and when does it refresh or get forced to be flushed?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
The IPN History is what I was referring to. It will show you the response that it received from the web server.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We experienced a spike in the IPN queue for sandbox earlier today which would have caused IPN's to show a delivery status of "queued".

The backlog has now been cleared and IPN delivery should be occurring as normal.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

wuu
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for explaining that. I totally missed the message-id.

In any case, all the transactions were sent sometime overnight. I'm not sure why, but they all verified.

Thank you for your help with this matter!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.