INVALID ACCOUNT ERROR PARTNER REFERRAL API SELLER ONBOARD
I am trying to implement the onboarding flow of sellers in the sandbox environment for multiparty payments on my platform. I understand that you first have to generate an access token and post it to the API"
with the user information alongside a tracking ID which you can later use to retrieve the account.
However, when the seller fills in the information in the generated sign-up flow based on the link given the verification email is not delivered to the seller email upon completion. Further when I try to retrieve the account to track the onboarding status to retrieve the actual merchant ID of the seller that I may store it on the database using the API "
I am getting the error:"
Hello @KayManZ ,
Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.
Thank you for providing your request and the debug id its very helpful.
The reason you are receiving that error is that "TESTING69999" is not a merchant id or an account id.
Here is how to get the merchant id for the test account you created.
- Log into the Developer Dashboard at https://developer.paypal.com
- Hover over Testing Tools
- Click on Sandbox Accounts
- If you do not see the sandbox account listed, click on "Link other sandbox accounts to this developer account"
- Log into your sandbox account with the sandbox email and password
- Link it to your developer dashboard
Once you return to the Developer Dashboard Sandbox accounts, you should see the newly linked sandbox account:
- Click on the newly linked Sandbox account in the developer dashboard
- Scroll down to Sandbox account info
- You will see the Account ID that is the id that should be used in place of TESTING69999
Hello @KayManZ ,
Once the account is created a new merchant id is created for the account immediately. The merchant id may show as a payer id in the webhook responses.
If you are subscribed to webhooks, you should see the new merchant id in the webhook. It should also be in the response.
You can also run a show referral data api call to get the merchant id, which is the same as the submitter_payer_id:
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- 403 PERMISSION_DENIED partner-referrals in Sandbox Environment
- Capture PENDING_REVIEW on PayPal Marketplaces in REST APIs
- INVALID ACCOUNT ERROR PARTNER REFERRAL API SELLER ONBOARD in Sandbox Environment
- Is paypal referral account available in UAE region? in REST APIs
- Internal Server Error when using 'customer/partner-referrals' in REST APIs