I'm starting today the paypal integration, and, of course, nothing works

GiorgioForti
Contributor
Contributor

From the "Get Started" page, I log Log in to the Developer Dashboard with my PayPal account (I live in Italy, I have a Paypal account not business).
There, I try to follow the instructions, but if I select "App Type Platform" I always obtain an error, and I can't go on.
If I select "Merchant" the app is created.

Any solution?

Giorgio

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

not_here

@GiorgioForti, the App type is really going to drive the product that you're using. What is the use case you're solving for, e.g. are you just trying to accept payments? Then a business app and the checkout docs will be all that you need. Also, is there a reason you have not upgraded to a business account if you're trying to create a PayPal solution? 

Login to Me Too

GiorgioForti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Christina,
I work as software developer, and, for one of the sites I develop, I'm starting the integration with Paypal.
This site is a platform for other sellers (restaurants), thus I think I need the "platform app".
The payments will not sent directly to me, but to the Paypal accouts of every seller.
Currently, to start, to take a look, to "learn how to do" I'm using my private Paypal account, the same I use to buy or sell on eBay or toi buy everything everywhere.
Do I need a dedicated business account?

Giorgio

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.