How to test upcoming subscription changes (dropping 1st Feb)?

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor
Regarding the upcoming changes to PayPal Payments Standard Subscriptions features as outlined in the "Important Notice regarding upcoming Subscription changes" at:

Please can you advise how we can test these changes ahead of their rollout on 1st February?

We have attempted to test within the PayPal Test Sandbox at https://www.sandbox.paypal.com but this appears to be using the current behaviour (i.e. allowing subscription modifications).

@MTS_Chad @MTS_Kyle @MTS_Max @MTS_Roy @MTS_Tom @not_here- Can you help?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

mikewz
Contributor
Contributor

@not_here 

Thanks for continuing to chase this up for us - do you know whether the changes have now been pushed out to the Sandbox?

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @mikewz 

Apologies for the delayed response, I've been out of the office. I've checked in with our development team and they're working diligently to try and get this change into sandbox. It is unfortunately not completed yet, but the team hopes to have it done soon. 

Another change is that this will not go into production, as previously stated, on March 15th. We are going to communicate this change again directly to merchants and anticipate the new date for this change to happen at the end of April. 

Thank you for continuing to be patient with us while we work through this change. I will advise as soon as I hear this has been updated in the sandbox environment.

Christina 

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @mikewz - the team has informed me that the changes are now in sandbox. Can you please test and let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks!
Christina 

Login to Me Too

Xtempore
Contributor
Contributor

Why does PayPal have to change something (i.e. break it) that was working fine? modify=2 was working fine, and suddenly you just kill it off, for no real reason.

The new API is unnecessarily complex, and a major departure from the old one. No way to rework existing methods, so it pretty much requires a rewrite of the payment system.

I bet a lot of people will be looking at Stripe, which is easier to use, with better support, and considerably cheaper too.

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @Xtempore

I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and I can understand your frustration. We are currently working diligently to provide a better solution.

Thanks,

Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.