How to put a required qaunity.

Hazods
Contributor
Contributor

My boss is looking to put a quantity requirement, meaning he wants them to buy 3, not just one or two. Is it possible to set that up with PayPal buttons? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

If you use a Buy Now Button created from your PayPal Account, you can add an advanced variable of quantity=3 and then the payment button would automatically have a quantity of 3.

2018-03-17 17_05_33-Create a PayPal payment button - PayPal.png2018-03-17 17_05_55-PayPal Checkout - Log in.png

Here are the steps to creating a Buy Now button with the Advanced Variable quantity=3:

1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click on Tools
  3. Click on All Tools
  4. Click on PayPal Buttons
  5. Choose Buy Now Button
  6. Fill in the information on your button
  7. Click on Step 3
  8. Click in the Advanced Variables box at the bottom of the page
  9. Fill in quantity=3
  10. Create the button
  11. Copy and paste the Email URL or Button code to your website

The only quantity allowed is 3 in the Buy Now Button.

I tested the Add To Cart button with the quantity=3 advanced variable. It does make the quantity 3, however, your buyers can subtract the quantity when on the PayPal Hosted Shopping Cart. As a result best option if you want the quantity to be 3 is to use the Buy Now button.

Another option is to have a Web Developer create a shopping cart for you and setup a script that makes the minimum quantity 3.

Also another option is to use a 3rd Party Shopping Cart or Plugin that allows order minimums.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

SJWF
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an additional variable that can restrict the buyer from entering a lower amount?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.