How to make the sandbox to work

hbcenter
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to test my site using test mode and i keep getting this error. 

Just tried before this post and received this message:

Something went wrong.  We couldn't process this donation. this could just be a temporary glitch.

I am not sure if I am using the wrong card number? I am using chrome. if anyone has encountered this please let me know.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

First, please review the thread titled "how to report a sandbox issue", which is pinned to the top of this fourm.

Once you've read that thread and retrieved the merchant id / payer id for your account, reply back here with that id. Please also let me know what type of payment you're attempting, is it from a "button" like a Buy Now, Add To Cart ect.. or are you submitting an API call ?

When you mention entering a card number, are you choosing to pay via PayPal without creating / using a PayPal account ? If so, where did you get the card details you're using ?

Once you can provide the information requested above, I can review the issue for you.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Sylie78
Contributor
Contributor
Id Sylie78
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

That's your forum id.

You need to login to the sandbox account you're using (https://www.sandbox.paypal.com) and retrieve the merchant id / payer id from within the sandbox account. The process should be covered in sufficient detail in the thread pinned to the top of the forum, please review it.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.