How to Get Sandbox Transactions Displayed in Text Format Not HTML

paputxi
Contributor
Contributor

I have created a PayPal sandbox. I can make a test purchase just fine from within my website. But I never receive an email acknowledging my purchase like I would with a live PayPal purchase. (I did setup working seller and buyer email accounts for testing purposes and they do work outside the sandbox transactions.) So that is one problem.

However, as a workaround in my developer’s account under Sandbox > Notifications, I do see all the transactions for both the seller and buyer. But when I look any of the notifications, the transaction details are displayed in HTML, not text format which I would expect.

Does anyone know how I can get sandbox to display these transaction details in text rather than HTML? I thought for sure there would be a setting somewhere for correcting this, but I don’t see one.

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

The Sandbox emails stay within the Sandbox and can only be viewed via the Sandbox accounts - don't believe there's any options to change the format.

Login to Me Too

paputxi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response, Quandary. And, thanks regarding Sandbox emails staying within Sandbox as I wasn't aware of that. Yes, I'll contact tech support regarding the HTML vs text issue. Cheers!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi @paputxi

The HTML code in sandbox notification emails is a known issue we're already working to resolve. There is no ETA at the this time.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.