Getting this error in sandbox mode when I try to checkout: [INVALID_REQUEST] Request is not.....

TykT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm getting this error when I try to pay in Sandbox mode on my WooCommerce website: [INVALID_REQUEST] Request is not well-formed, syntactically incorrect, or violates schema. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-INVALID_STRING_LENGTH

I connected my account with the “connect to Paypal” button instead of manually entering the info and tried again several times. Each time I click the Paypal payment button in my ‘checkout’ page to make a purchase, the error message comes up.

I also noticed that if I only add 1 product (digital download) to my cart it seems to work fine, but if I add more than 1, I get the error message.

Can anyone help with this please? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JordanWH
New Community Member

Hey, just wondering if you found a solution to this. I just did the change from the old Paypal Checkout plugin to the new Paypal Payments plugin for a WooCommerce shop and I'm experiencing the same thing on the checkout page. The error is showing because of a missing required field (billing email address). If I write in the address, the error goes away. But the error should say to the customer "Missing Billing Email Address" at the top or whatever, and not this insanity at the top 

[INVALID_REQUEST] Request is not well-formed, syntactically incorrect, or violates schema. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-INVALID_PARAMETER_SYNTAX

Any luck on your end?

Login to Me Too

TykT
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I actually switched to a different plugin that allows Paypal payments. But I believe the issue was that I had an emoji in my product descriptions. I was advised to delete all emojis in the descriptions and when I did, the error stopped showing up.

If this works for you, you can let us know; good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.