Getting error: Http response code 400 when accessing sandbox

WayneSmallman
Contributor
Contributor

Having followed the code in a GitHub example, and some suggestions here (additional error messages, and an error method), nothing is able to get me south of: $payment->create($this->_api_context); and into the exception handling of the try block, or beyond the generic error message:

Http response code 400 when accessing https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/payments/payment.

Here is the method I'm using:

public function __construct() {

// PayPal API context.    $configPayPal = \Config::get('paypal');    $this->_api_context = new ApiContext(
        new OAuthTokenCredential(            $configPayPal['client_id'],            $configPayPal['secret']
        )
    );    $this->_api_context->setConfig($configPayPal['settings']);

}

public function makePayment(Request $request) {    $payer = new Payer();    $payer->setPaymentMethod('paypal');    $orderForPayment = $request->get('orderForPayment');    $orderTotal = $request->get('orderTotal');    $orderTax = $request->get('orderTax');    $shipping = 0.66;    $items = [];

foreach ($orderForPayment as $index => $item😞        $items[$index] = new Item();        $items[$index]->setName($item['name'])
            ->setCurrency('GBP')
            ->setQuantity($item['qty'])
            ->setPrice($item['subtotal']);    endforeach;    $itemsList = new ItemList();    $itemsList->setItems($items);    $details = new Details();    $details->setShipping($shipping)
        ->setTax($orderTax)
        ->setSubtotal($orderTotal);    $amount = new Amount();    $amount->setCurrency('GBP')
        ->setTotal($orderTotal + $orderTax + $shipping)
        ->setDetails($details);    $transaction = new Transaction();    $transaction->setAmount($amount)
        ->setItemList($itemsList)
        ->setDescription("Your transaction description.");    $redirect_urls = new RedirectUrls();    $redirect_urls->setReturnUrl(URL::route('getPaymentStatus'))
        ->setCancelUrl(URL::route('getPaymentStatus'));    $payment = new Payment();    $payment->setIntent("Sale")
        ->setPayer($payer)
        ->setRedirectUrls($redirect_urls)
        ->setTransactions(array($transaction));

//dd($payment->create($this->_api_context)); exit;

try {        $payment->create($this->_api_context);

} catch (PayPal\Exception\PayPalConnectionException $ex) {

// Prints the Error Code        echo $ex->getCode();

// Prints the detailed error message        echo $ex->getData();        echo $this->PayPalError($ex);

} catch (Exception $ex) {        echo $this->PayPalError($ex);

}

foreach ($payment->getLinks() as $link) {

if ($link->getRel() == 'approval_url') {            $redirect_url = $link->getHref();

break;

}

}

// Add payment ID to the session.    \Session::put('paypal_payment_id', $payment->getId());
    if (isset($redirect_url)) {

// Redirect to PayPal.
        return Redirect::away($redirect_url);

}    \Session::put('error', "Unknown error occurred");

return Redirect::route('makePayment');

}

I've checked the values down through the method, to make sure they're integers and not strings. I've tried swapping the currencies around between GBP and USD.

I've not used PayPal's API before, so it's possible I've got something wrong, but the generic error is killing the debug process.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WayneSmallman
Contributor
Contributor

While testing, I decided to send to items:

$itemsList->setItems(array());

... and it worked.

So if I send items I get an error, but if I don't, I get a success.

I could be wrong, but this appears to be an error with the sandbox itself.

Login to Me Too

WayneSmallman
Contributor
Contributor

Any thoughts on this? PayPal's own support aren't responding and this is now an urgent issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.