Getting an error when trying to buy subscription products from our site

jston
Contributor
Contributor

Our development site is on sandbox mode. Whenever I try to purchase subscription products via DoDirectPayment method, I get an error message:

PayPal gateway has rejected request. This transaction cannot be processed (#10752: Gateway Decline)

I've looked it up and it said that merchant should attempt to another card and I've tried and I'm getting the same response. We tried purchasing non-subscription products and we were able to successfully purchase it. 

Any other users/developers experiencing this issue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Justin
Hello,

In order to be able to use direct card payments within subscriptions, you need to be located in specific countries and have specific products registered on your PayPal account, aka direct payment recurring payments. This product isn't available in every country.

You should also try purchasing the subscriptions via PayPal account and see if the error also occurs when only using a sandbox account to complete the payment.

Finally, if trying via our sandbox environment and you want to pay via direct card payment, ensure the account in question is a U.S. business account, which has been enabled for payments pro and you're using one of the card numbers generated from our credit card generator on 'developer.paypal.com'.

https://developer.paypal.com/developer/creditCardGenerator/

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

jontjs
New Community Member

I've recently started getting 10752 'Gateway Decline' responses when processing direct credit card 'CreateRecurringPaymentsProfile' transactions through the sandbox. I'm not sure when I last used it successfully, it was probably a few months ago.

Regarding MTS_Justin's suggestions:

- I can't find any indication of whether or not direct payment recurring payments is enabled on the account, but it used to work, so I presume it is

- paying via a (sandbox) Paypal account works fine

- There seems to be no problem when using the live account rather than the sandbox

- The merchant account is a US Business-Pro account

- I've tried using test card details I had on record from the last time it was working, the expiry date is still a few years in the future, and the same card works when paying via the (sandbox) Paypal account

- I've tried a new test card that I added to the same sandbox account, and I get the same result

- I've tried a card created by the test card generator, but not associated to any sandbox account, and I get the same result

Does anybody have any ideas?

regards,

Jon

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.