Express-checkout + Webhook issues

KitombaDevelope
Contributor
Contributor

I've recently been extending our current application to listen to webhooks, however the behaviour I'm experiencing in the Sandbox environment does not match my expectations.

I have an application "Platform", that businesses grant third-party API permissions for our website to perform "Express-checkouts" on their behalf.

We have a second website that end-users for the business go to to book appointments and pay a deposit.

On a test environment on our side, I've hooked up something that will take action in response to webhook events of the type CHECKOUT.CHECKOUT.BUYER-APPROVED. Although, after running into issues, I have changed these to be called for all events.

This URL successfully receives webhooks from the simulator, but when I go through the flow as an end user:

- Expresecheckout setup

- Buyer approves payment

- Our server (on the callback) completes the express checkout.

I did note that there appears to be multiple places to define webhooks:

- Via the platform apps webhook page

- Via the businesses sandbox accounts webhook page

- Toggling webhooks for "NVP/SOAP API apps" for "legacy Paypal apps", then adding the webhook there

- I even added the webhook to the "default" app

In fact even the general API log does not contain information on the successful Express-checkouts that I'm performing against the sandbox.

(For any of the Apps).

Is the Sandbox not fully functional at the moment (I've recently had issues creating applications and there is the banner that tells me a migration to the cloud is still underway).

If that is not the issue, does anyone have any advise for why the webhooks, or API logs are not working correctly?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.