Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Checkout: Merchant not enabled for reference transactions

SOLVED
Contributor

Express Checkout: Merchant not enabled for reference transactions

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

I set up a Woocommerce (Wordpress - PHP based) with the Paypal Checkout plugin enabled to do splitting payments (recursive?).

I successfully configured the sandbox but I tried to buy something with a sandbox account (buyer), I'm redirected to the site with a message like "Sorry, the information couldn't be retrieved from Paypal".

So I tried multiple times this time using logs, and here is an excerpt of what I got:

08-1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]- WC_Gateway_PPEC_Client::_process_response: acknowleged response body: Array
(
[TOKEN] => EC-31P31927EE221643X
[TIMESTAMP] => 2019-08-19T14:44:40Z
[CORRELATIONID] => c1bde29b5fcf2
[ACK] => SuccessWithWarning
[VERSION] => 120.0
[BUILD] => 53420567
[L_ERRORCODE0] => 11452
[L_SHORTMESSAGE0] => Merchant not enabled for reference transactions
[L_LONGMESSAGE0] => Merchant not enabled for reference transactions
[L_SEVERITYCODE0] => Warning
)

08-1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]- WC_Gateway_PPEC_Client::_request: remote request to https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp with params: Array
(
[METHOD] => GetExpressCheckoutDetails
[VERSION] => 120.0
[TOKEN] =>XXXXXXXXXXXX
[USER] => XXXXXXXXXXXX
[PWD] => XXXXXXXXXXXX
[SIGNATURE] => XXXXXXXXXXXX
)

08-1[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]- WC_Gateway_PPEC_Client::_process_response: acknowleged response body: Array
(
[TOKEN] => XXXXXXXXXXXX
[BILLINGAGREEMENTACCEPTEDSTATUS] => 0
[CHECKOUTSTATUS] => PaymentActionNotInitiated
[TIMESTAMP] => 2019-08-19T14:45:17Z
[CORRELATIONID] => f528d01b11404
[ACK] => Success
[VERSION] => 120.0

Is there something I should still enable on the side of Paypal?

I googled and searched for "Merchant not enabled for reference transactions" but couldn't find useful information on what to do.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, any hint would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advisor

Re: Express Checkout: Merchant not enabled for reference transactions

Reference Transactions have to be specifically enabled by PayPal, and can be difficult to get approved at times.  Here is a guide they provide about this.

I would also recommend you take a look at our PayPal for WooCommerce plugin.  It adds PayPal Checkout and Braintree to your site, and it provides a lot more features that Woo's version does not.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2
Advisor

Reference Transactions have to be specifically enabled by PayPal, and can be difficult to get approved at times.  Here is a guide they provide about this.

I would also recommend you take a look at our PayPal for WooCommerce plugin.  It adds PayPal Checkout and Braintree to your site, and it provides a lot more features that Woo's version does not.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply.
The technical support replies to me as well, I'm following the procedure described in the Woocommece kink. Hope this will work.

Kind Regards,

Pierre-Henri