Error 10548 , for sandbox account using DoDirectPayment

eweiss
New Community Member

I'm trying to make a sandbox api call for itadmin-facilitator_api1.weissapps.com with METHOD DoDirectPayment

The response I get back is:

ErrorMessage = Error: This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.
ErrorCode = Error code: 10548

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for the updates.  Can you please update this thread once the issue is resolved?

"If you've tested with the TLSv1.2 connections and your receiving an "OK" response, this means your system is able to successfully establish a secure connection to PayPal whilst utilizing TLSv1.2 - After 1st June 2018 you will be able to establish a secure connection to PayPal endpoints."

Based on your answer, I should be all set for June 1st as long as nothing else changed in the API that will require code modifications on my end.

Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Check the security update site and confirm you won't be impacted by any of the changes. The TLS change is just one of several changes we're making - https://www.paypal-notice.com/en/

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Even if everything looks good on paper, there is still no way to test and be 10000% confident about my results as long as the sandbox credentials do not work with DoDirectPayment.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You don't specifically need DoDirectPayment. SetExpressCheckout / DoExpressCheckout will test the same scenario.

Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I created a sample page in Visual Studio to call SetExpressCheckout / DoExpressCheckoutPayment methods.

I am using the configuration below:

For SetExpressCheckout:

endpoint: https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp

redirect URL: https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_express-checkout&token={0}

For DoExpressCheckoutPayment:

endpoint: https://api-3t.sandbox.paypal.com/nvp

Initial response:

• ACK=Success 
  • PAYMENTSTATUS=Pending
  • PENDINGREASON=paymentreview

Response after disabling Payment Review on the sandbox account:

• ACK=Success
  • PAYMENTSTATUS=Completed
  • PENDINGREASON=None

Question 1: based on your previous response -You don't specifically need DoDirectPayment. SetExpressCheckout / DoExpressCheckout will test the same scenario - am I good to go for June 1st? (even if the system is using DoDirectPayment ?)

Question 2: When I use DoDirectPayment the API version is set to 2.3 which does not work with Express Checkout.  (For Express Checkout I set it to 123.)  Do I need to make any changes to the API version for DoDirectPayment going forward?

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

If your able to successfully submit an API request to the "apt-3t" endpoint in sandbox, then your good to go in regards to the TLS changes being implemented on June 1st.

In regards to the API version, the security updates we're conducting don't have any bearing on API versioning. For DoDirectPayment via NVP, you can pass the latest API version, which is 205, but 123 will also work perfectly well for you.

Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for all your help. 

For DoDirectPayment via NVP, you can pass the latest API version, which is 205, but 123 will also work perfectly well for you.

Did you mean Set Express Checkout?

For DoDirectPayment I am using API version 2.3

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

For any NVP-based API solution you can use version 205.

My advice is not to change anything if you really don't have to and API versioning is not impacted by our security changes, so if it's working with the version set at 2.3, then leave it set like that.

Login to Me Too

Test05122017
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for everything.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.

Login to Me Too

tushargodbole
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this same error on my localhost environment running on codeigniter. I use do direct payment and i get following response

Array
(
    [0] => Array
        (
            [L_ERRORCODE] => 10548
            [L_SHORTMESSAGE] => Invalid Configuration
            [L_LONGMESSAGE] => This transaction cannot be processed. The merchant's account is not able to process transactions.
            [L_SEVERITYCODE] => Error
        )

)

Any help will be appreciated
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.