Error 10004 on my e-commerce site

EA2019
Contributor
Contributor

I have a WordPress e-commerce store using Woocommerce. I have the official PayPal Checkout plugin from Woocommerce that allows me to accept payments from customers on the site. I switched to sandbox and I'm trying to test the site before I launch. 

If I checkout using PayPal checkout (sign in to my paypal account and pay), it works fine. But if I pay with a credit card (using PayPal credit card generator), I get the following error: 

PayPal error (10004): An error (10004) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

Strangely enough, before I recieve that error, PayPal asks me if I want to convert my total to from USD to Euro, or let my credit card issuer do the conversion. No matter what I choose, I still get the above error. 

This is strange because I tripled checked all settings in Woocommerce and my PayPal account. Everything is set to USD. I think the error has something to do with currency, but like I said everything is set to USD. 

I've been trying to fix this for three days. I ALREADY read all the relevant help pages on PayPal, contact plugin authors, and posted on several help forums. I can't find a solution to this. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.