Enabling reference transactions in a sandbox account

adrian729
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone!

I'm setting up a third party integration with PayPal and I need to get both reference transactions and the option to fetch the customer's billing address enabled in a *sandbox* account.

Based on the documentation and the information available online, the only way to get these two enabled is to ask PayPal support. AFAIK there isn't any account option or configuration to enable them (just sandbox, no real live transactions).

However I've contacted PayPal support through the "Message" option in the support site but they don't seem to understand what I'm asking for.

Any tips on how to get these two features enabled? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id / payer id for your sandbox account.

I've enabled the return of the billing address and reference transactions on the account.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

adrian729
Contributor
Contributor

Account ID: KEWMEF58WJHUN

Login to Me Too

adrian729
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin pinging you here, please let me know if you can enable "reference transactions" and "Billing Address request" for this sandbox account

Account ID: KEWMEF58WJHUN

Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id / payer id for your sandbox account.

I've enabled the return of the billing address and reference transactions on the account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

HunGeo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to enable reference transaction for my sandbox account too. I'd like to test recurring payments with woocommerce.

This is my sandbox bussiness accountid:  4KLKNVNE6WKKC.

Thank you and take care.

Login to Me Too

PWSL

Hello I also need this enabled

merchant ID D6JY5BM8VBDFW

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello @PWSL

The merchant id you've provided belongs to a production environment account.

I can only enable reference transactions on sandbox accounts. Please login to a sandbox business account for which you want to have reference transactions enabled and send me the merchant id from that account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Vier-Pfoten
New Community Member

Hello, 

I am also having trouble with Customer Services not responding to a request to enable Reference Transactions in our Sandbox and Live account 
@MTS_Justin, could you suggest next steps? 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello @Vier-Pfoten

For our sandbox environment, I can make any changes you may need, I just need the merchant id from a sandbox business account. There is a post pinned to the top of this forum which contains information on how to retrieve your merchant id.

For our production environment, I can't make any changes to accounts. You would need to reach out to our customer service team for any requests relating to a production environment account. If you have not heard back and it's been over a week, reach out to them again.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Zapviz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.. I need to enable reference transactions on my Account.

I can't find my merchant Id

If you can enable that asap that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.