Enable SFTP on sandbox account

realbird
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
i'd like to create an sftp user in sandbox for testing settlement report (STL) and transaction detail report (TRR).
PayPal Merchant ID is: 4C23URJEEQUXJ
Thanks!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id for your sandbox account.

I've enabled sFTP reporting on the specified sandbox account and subscribed the account to both the settlement file and transaction detail reports.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

AlsaNL
Contributor
Contributor

Dear,

i´d like to test this aswell, can you please enable the Settlement Report (STL) for my Account aswell?

Sandbox Account ID: 43D2D8KV3MNC2

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for sharing the merchant id from your sandbox account.

I've enabled sFTP reporting on the specified sandbox account and subscribed the account to both the STL/TRR reports.

Please note, due to a new issue you currently cannot create sFTP users to access the reporting services within our sandbox environment via sFTP. You can still access the reporting section of the sandbox account and within the "transactions" section you will find both the STL/TRR reports.

There is a thread pinned to the top of this forum about the issue with creating sFTP users within sandbox accounts and I'll respond on that thread once the issue has been resolved, so subscribe to that thread if you want to be notified when the issue has been resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

AlsaNL
Contributor
Contributor

Moin,

yes thank you you have helped me very much.

With kind regards

Markus [removed]

Login to Me Too

AlsaNL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Justin,

we currently have the problem in the product (also in Sandbox) account that we can only create an authorization via PayPal Capturing.  This is extremely problematic for partial deliveries. For example, if the customer has ordered 3 products and only 2 are available, they are already shipped to the customer, that is, an authorization is created for amount X and debited the next day, but when the other product is back in stock and available, no 2nd authorization can be created for the remaining amount, because the limit of one authorization has already been exceeded. So we never get the money and the customer will never get the package. 

At the beginning we wrote to the PayPal support, they told us that they can't make the settings and that we should contact the technical support. The technical support had referred us to the support and left a message for this, how he could set this. After contacting them again, they told us that the problem could not be solved by them - supposedly only an account manager could do this. 

The technical support wimmelt and only with the reason they can not do it, as well as the PayPal support. 

I hope you can help us, with the SFTP access we had the same problem with PayPal. 

With kind regards

Markus [Removed]

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There is a default account limit of one child authorisation per transaction, which is why you can only authorise once per transaction.

On the sandbox account which you referenced above, I have changed this value from "1" to "3".

Please note, I can only make this change on sandbox testing accounts, I cannot do the same for a production / live environment account as I don't have the necessary permissions. You would need to contact our customer service team to request an increase of the max allowed child authorisations per transaction or if your account is managed, reach out to your account manager to request the same.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

AlsaNL
Contributor
Contributor

Good day,

Can you please contact an account manager. Unfortunately, the support immediately rejects me "that they do not have authorisation" and only an account manager can do this. However, they do not want to pass the ticket on to an account manager. Can you please help us?

With kind regards

Markus [removed]

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

On production accounts, they may not be able to change this value if the account is not conducting sufficient volume to have an account manager assigned.

I can't make changes to production accounts, so unfortunately I can't help with this request.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.