Eeek! Sandbox user account- I used the same email address as my normal account

joannecooper
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I think I have made a huge error here and created a sandbox account using the same email address as my live payplay account! Now I cant see now to delete my sandbox account. I am worried that if people pay now they will be paying into the sandbox account. Please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Adding a "real-world" email address to a sandbox account will not impact your production account.

You can either login to the sandbox account and remove the email address or just delete the sandbox account.

If you login to remove the email address and this is the only email address registered on the account, you'll need to add another first and ensure it's marked as being the primary email address on the account. You can use any email address, just make something up.

To delete the sandbox account, you would need to login to PayPal Developer, locate the account in question and choose to delete it.

https://developer.paypal.com

Sandbox > Accounts > Locate the account > click the three dots to the right of the email address of the account and then select "delete".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Adding a "real-world" email address to a sandbox account will not impact your production account.

You can either login to the sandbox account and remove the email address or just delete the sandbox account.

If you login to remove the email address and this is the only email address registered on the account, you'll need to add another first and ensure it's marked as being the primary email address on the account. You can use any email address, just make something up.

To delete the sandbox account, you would need to login to PayPal Developer, locate the account in question and choose to delete it.

https://developer.paypal.com

Sandbox > Accounts > Locate the account > click the three dots to the right of the email address of the account and then select "delete".

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

joannecooper
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. It seems to have used some other email addresses for my sandbox so it seems to have not used my primary email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.