Does sandbox API for Commerce Platform need a partner onboarding?

Maciuldo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,
I'm a simple developer i haven't any company, i would only test Commerce Platform for my small site.
I'm starting to try sandbox api but I'm getting this error.

POST https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v2/customer/partner-referrals

"name": "NOT_AUTHORIZED",
   "message": "Authorization failed due to insufficient permissions.",
   "details": [
       {
           "issue": "MISSING_SCOPES",
           "description": "User doesn't have this API in their scope"
       }

I want only to ask if Sandbox API for Commerce Platform needs a partner onboarding.
If It is like that, is it a link for subscription? https://www.paypal-partnerprogram.com/s/
I'm only a developer so i haven't any company, can i fill the form anyway?

Thanks in advance!
Marco.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Maciuldo 

Thanks for posting on our forums! In terms of using PayPal Commerce Platform for Partners, when testing this on sandbox you need to have these specific scopes added to your account. To do this you'll have to contact us using the "Help and Contact" link at the bottom of this page. Let Support know you would like to add the Sandbox Scopes for PayPal Commerce Platform for Partners to your sandbox account and they should be able to help you out!

I hope this helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Maciuldo 

Thanks for posting on our forums! In terms of using PayPal Commerce Platform for Partners, when testing this on sandbox you need to have these specific scopes added to your account. To do this you'll have to contact us using the "Help and Contact" link at the bottom of this page. Let Support know you would like to add the Sandbox Scopes for PayPal Commerce Platform for Partners to your sandbox account and they should be able to help you out!

I hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Maciuldo
Contributor
Contributor
Perfect, it's very clear. I'll do as you said!

Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi All,

The process has changed since the post above by Aaron.

You no longer need to contact technical support to request we enable commerce platform on a REST application, as you can now create a "platform" app yourself, directly on the PayPal developer site !

1. Login to developer site - https://developer.paypal.com

2. Click on "my apps & credentials"

3. Choose "create app"

4. In the 'app type' section, choose "platform".

5. Complete the creation process and retrieve the new "client_id" and "client_secret" used for authentication.

6. Submit a new access token request

Your account / app should now be enabled to use the commerce platform within our sandbox environment.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.