Dispute case: 006882965629

Mocha_Taboo1
Contributor
Contributor
I have a open distute with an overseas merchant (Xiang Providence China) which is db as ZG Technologies and for which I had made a purchase (s) online after viewing the products, and exceptional wig, and human hair systems. Now after receiving the product (s) I made a dispute and escalated the dispute because the product shipped was different than the product received. Thus, after I made an open dispute, and then escalated the dispute, Paypal contacted me on May 21, and ask that I send the merchandise back to the Seller, to receive a full refund. The problem is I must use a courier that accommodates "overseas" returns (which DHL is the only overseas courier service) as I must provide a tracking system to return my item purchased, and receive a full refund. Also, I am to provide my payment for this shipping as the Seller does not pick up the shipping cost. This is problematic, because I went online, to the website of DHL, and after viewing their policy for all returns, and shipped out items, I must first determine the shipping cost, to that of the weight of the package being shipped by also applying where the package is being shipped. Holly, Molly....the weight of my item was 0.06 oz, and cost $120 USD to be shipped for a refund of $42.88 USD 😯! I have until May 31, 2018 to provide a tracking number to get my $42.88 refund. If any one can help me please reply back Sign: Betwitched, Bewildered, and Frustrated!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mocha_Taboo1

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mocha_Taboo1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you kernowless for your prompt response as well as your brief but very informative feedback. Yes, I will next time (if there be a next time) aware of my buying rights as a Paypal consumer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.