Deleting a sandbox account

sin_b
Contributor
Contributor

I have an existing sandbox account that I am trying to link to a developer account, however I got an error that it could not be created.

When I to delete the account I get the error 52503f50eef06

I tried logging into the sandbox account and deleting it, but it too has an error.

Now I am left with a zombie sandbox account that can't be used nor can't be deleted.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I located the account in question and it was showing an error. I've been able to resolve the error, the account status should now show "completed" and the account should work as normal.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please share either the merchant id for the production account you use to login to PayPal Developer or the merchant id for the sandbox account where the problem lies.

Are you attempting to link the account to an existing developer account or delete it ?

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

sin_b
Contributor
Contributor

The merchant id of the developer account is FRWTHMUL384TC

I was trying to link the sandbox account to an existing developer account, but it had an error. When I try to delete it reports an error.

When I log into the sandbox account and try to delete it also has an error.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've reviewed the developer account and it has a lot of sandbox accounts already attached to it.
I can try and associate the sandbox account with the developer account, but will need the merchant ID for the sandbox account in order to attempt it.

Alternatively, I can remove the sandbox account from your developer account, but again I would need the merchant ID for the sandbox account you want to remove.

** Note ** Once the account is removed, you won't be able to use the email address on a new sandbox account

Login to Me Too

sin_b
Contributor
Contributor

I can't find the merchant id for the sandbox account. It is a personal account and not a business account.

The sandbox's account's email begins with AT

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I located the account in question and it was showing an error. I've been able to resolve the error, the account status should now show "completed" and the account should work as normal.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

sin_b
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, our account is working now.

Do you know what the error is and how we can resolve it in future ourselves?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.