DPRP is not enabled on account in Sandbox mode

Heinyken
Contributor
Contributor

This is not for my personal account. I am a web developer creating a test environment for a client, but using my own sandbox.paypal account to test the account.

After setting up API credentials, etc., receive the following error from the website: ERROR: DPRP is disabled for this merchant.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please share the email address for the sandbox account so I can review it's configuration.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Heinyken
Contributor
Contributor

heinyken [at] gmail [dot] com should be the address on file -- or do you mean the names of the two dummy accounts? 

Because it's Heinyken-facilitator [at] gmail which is doing the "selling" and -buyer is "buying"

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

So you need to attempt the upgrade to payments pro process first and the account has not yet attempted this upgrade process.

Locate the account within your developer account, click on the "profile" link and then "upgrade to pro". Once you've done that, come back here and let me know and I can add direct payment recurring payments

Login to Me Too

Heinyken
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the response.

- I've logged in as heinyken-facilitator [at] gmail

- I've looked for an Upgrade to Pro option anywhere in my Profile or Business settings.

- I can't find anything.

The closest I came was in the attached image. "Account type" is "Business" -- but I don't have the option to change that. Where should I go to change this?Attempting to Upgrade to ProAttempting to Upgrade to Pro

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

You've logged into the account via "sandbox.paypal.com", you instead need to login to your developer account at "developer.paypal.com" and then once logged in, click on "accounts" under the "sandbox column, followed by the previous instructions I provided (locate the account you wish to upgrade, click on the arrow to the left of the email address for the account, then in the drop-down which appears, click on "profile" and finally, click on "upgrade to pro"

Login to Me Too

Heinyken
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your help and following up faithfully by day. Unfortunately, out of the blue, the client decided yesterday to forgo using the Pro account (as I understand DPRP costs an additional monthly cost to the Pro Account), and we'll be using Standard. So setting up the sandbox environment should be possible with my Standard account.

Thank you for your help - I won't need further replies.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.