DPRP is disabled for this merchant

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to do some testing with a client sandbox account. Sandbox Account ID is: 4YG8QCCYQ5NYE

It's marked as Business-Pro so not sure why I'm getting this message. Looks like others are having a similar issue and PayPal support needs to assist?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for providing the merchant id / payer id from your sandbox account.

I've made the necessary changes to your account to enable direct payment recurring payments.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the speedy response!

The DPRP message is now gone but I'm now getting an error code 28 back from the API when attempting a recurring transaction.  I've discussed this with the plugin developer ( GiveWP ) and they're saying that it's an "Insufficient user permissions" error.

We validated that I have all of the right keys in all of the right places and that the plugin is set for test mode. 

Is there anything from your end that would be causing this issue?

Login to Me Too

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding, I don't get as much time on here as I would like.

I've checked the API logs for the account and the latest API call shows the following response :

DoDirectPaymentResponse
timestamp "2020-10-05T19:40:14Z"
correlationid "24bf0283d4521"
ack "SuccessWithWarning"
version "214.0"
build "54790461"
errorcode 10220
shortmessage "Soft Descriptor's ignored"
longmessage "The Merchant is not enabled to pass SoftDescriptor or SoftDescriptorCity"
severitycode "Warning"

I've made a change to the account configuration to allow a dynamic soft descriptor to be passed.

If you experience any further issues, can you please share the debug id / correlation id returned in the API response ?

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

Still experiencing the issue. 

So basically I have a fresh install of WordPress running the TwentyTwenty theme.  The only plugins I have installed are the Give donation plugins ( core plugin, PayPal Pro Gateway, Recurring Donations add-on ).  This is all running locally on my Macbook using Laravel Valet

I set up a default donation form.  One-off transactions process perfectly. Recurring transactions spin until nginx eventually 504s.  The logged response from Give is: {"error_code":28,"error_message":null}

This all works fine when not in sandbox mode.  One-off and recurring transaction work.

Login to Me Too

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

Following up on this I just tried the same setup on an environment that isn't my macbook.  It's a shared hosting environment with LiquidWeb.  Similar outcome.  Recurring test spins for a while but this time it eventually does come back to the donation form with the following message: Error: An error occurred with PayPal: Invalid Request

GiveWP logs show this as the API response {"error_code":28,"error_message":null}

Login to Me Too

chentges
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin 

Following up on this again.  Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

It sounds like it could be an issue related to the configuration of PayPal Pro Gateway, which is essentially our Payflow product. You mentioned live payments work ok, it's only the sandbox payments where you experience the issue and I believe the cause could be related to the sandbox configuration within the payflow account.

Result code "28" is a Payflow result code :

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-i-get-result-code-28-ts1229

If you're still experiencing this issue, please submit a technical support ticket at : https://www.paypal.com/mts and a member of the team will review the issue for you.

Please ensure to provide as much information as possible, including the account information for the accounts being used, the type of transaction you're attempting and the error message being returned.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.