Customer submitted payment to the sandbox account. What happens?

wrousselle
New Community Member

Our company website was updated recently and it turned the pay by Paypal option on but it is still setup as sandbox. Two customers processed credit card payments through the sandbox before we could turn the option off on our website. We do not have access to the sandbox account as our old web development company went bankrupt. Will the Paypal account / credit cards be charged and if so were is the money? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The payments cannot reach the sandbox environment for our production environment, so the payments would be sent to the email addresses which were associated with the sandbox accounts. If this email address exists in the "production" world, then an email would be received advising the account holder they've received funds. If the email address does not exist, the transaction would remain in an "unclaimed" state for 30 days after which time it would be automatically cancelled and returned to the originator.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.