Currency of capture must be the same as currency of authorization (Currency mismatch error)

Veeras
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I have integrated the paypal api for USD currency working fine but my client need to integrate the GBP. When change the currency for GBP it give the wrror like Currency of capture must be the same as currency of authorization (Currency mismatch error)

So please help to us how can fix it 

Note : We checked with sandbox api and add the GBP currency and converted the balance to GBP

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

not_here

Hi @Veeras,

Can you help me to understand which PayPal API you are trying to integrate? 

Christina 

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Login to Me Too

Veeras
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @not_here 

I have integrated the paypal-rest-sdk npm package for make the payment on that time i got that error. Till now i didn't get the solution if can you give the solution means appreciated

Login to Me Too

rahul-dighe
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

It would be helpful to know which APIs you are using v1/payments or v2/orders + v2/payments

Assuming the latter

if you do 

Create Order - POST v2/checkout/orders  with currency as USD

Authorize Order - 

--

Capture on the Authorization and use a currency as GBP than it is not permitted hence you are getting an error. 

You cannot secure a hold (authorization) in a currency different than the one you ultimately capture in. 

if you want to capture an authorization in GBP then the Create Order should also be in (GBP). 

We would welcome the opportunity to enhance the error message so your feedback is greatly appreciated. 

Senior Product Manager - PayPal Checkout API Product
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.