Credit card generator

Angelolson
Contributor
Contributor

With the credit card generator can you actually use it to buy something but will it get charged to my account or will paypal pay for it

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Using a card generator will only work in our sandbox environment, it won't work for production sites.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

ToxicBoi_472
Contributor
Contributor
What’s the link?
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Login to your developer account and click on "credit card generator" on the left-hand menu

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

edeveloper
Contributor
Contributor

Credit card generator tools creates random virtual card numbers for payment testing apps. You can not do shopping with this card numbers. You can simulate only your payment app.  According to your requirement, you can use the following generator tools running with the luhn algorithm.

___
CEO @ CreditCard.Run & CCG.Money
___
Login to Me Too

moneyconverter
Contributor
Contributor

@edeveloper wrote:

Credit card generator tools creates random virtual card numbers for payment testing apps. You can not do shopping with this card numbers. You can simulate only your payment app.  According to your requirement, you can use the following generator tools running with the luhn algorithm.

Paypal card generator  page is no longer public. https://developer.paypal.com/developer/creditCardGenerator/. Only for developers.

Login to Me Too

shailz
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

The system expects buyers to log in to PayPal and choose that credit card as their funding source if they want to pay with it.

As for testing on the sandbox (other than PayPal's credit card generator), I've always used old, expired credit cards or [URL Removed] (Third-party site) and they seem to work fine for me.

Always remember you cannot purchase anything using fake card details. Credit card generator is only used for Sandbox Environment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.