Created PayPal check out - not recognising registered email to allow payment

AlaskaBaked
New Community Member

Hi there. I created a checkout, copied the code, embedded into the website. It looks good. But when I tried to make a test payment, it won't recognise an email that I am registered as using with PayPal.  Please could anyone advise? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Sounds like maybe you are trying to pay through a sandbox button with a live account (or vice-verse)..??

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

When you attempt to checkout and are redirected to PayPal, check the URL shown in the address bar of your browser.

If the URL starts with https://www.sandbox.paypal.com", then you have reached our sandbox testing site and you can only login using the credentials from a sandbox testing account. If you attempt to use the credentials from a live/production environment account, you will receive an error that the credentials are not recognized.

If the URL starts with https://www.paypal.com", then you have reached our production site and you can only login using the credentials from a production account. If you attempt to use the credentials from a sandbox environment account, you will receive an error that the credentials are not recognized.

To solve the issue, login to your production account and re-create the button from within that account, copy the new button code and paste it onto your website. When you test the button now, it should redirect to our production environment. You will need to use another account to login and test the checkout payment flow, as you can't use the same account to send the payment to the account which is receiving the payment.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.