Change Euro amount on HTML website so Paypal account receives the updated new price, not the old one

Temp20230516af
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There,

My HTML website (not built by me) has 6x voucher purchase buttons - each one has a different price (6x different prices = 6x different buttons. The web designer updated the website last February and changed the prices on the buttons, but when a customer ordered and paid for a voucher although the voucher had 35.00 Euros on the website, we received only 30.00 Euros - the old price. I checked my Paypal account and can find no record of a link to my website in the backend.

How can I change the amount of money we want on our Paypal account to come through - the customer was probably very happy in that she saved 5.00 Euros.

If anybody has a good idea how to adjust this, I'd be truly grateful

PS if it as a WP website then no problem but it's as mentioned above an HTML website.

Cheers
Robert

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I'm thinking the old price in still in the actual item button code - perhaps the web person changed the price on the web page that your customers see but, not in the actual item button source code that is behind the scenes.   Someone would have to see the code - if you're OK with sharing a link to the page that has the code, it's possible to see what's going on.  Else, you may want to contact Tech Support for assistance.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

As mentioned above, more than likely the displayed cost has been updated, but the actual value for the price of the item has not. You would need to check the HTML code for the buttons to determine if this is the case or reach out to the developer who modified the prices last time and ask them to review it for you.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Temp20230516af
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Justin,

Many thanks for your reply and answer. I am busy trying to find time to learn HTML code so that I can adjust the price myself but I have been watching Youttube vids to learn this but downloading the website to adjust is, I believe, a completely different challenge.

Nevertheless, I really appreciated your response and solution

Cheers

Rob

Login to Me Too

Temp20230516af
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks Green Gear for your very prompt solution and answer.

I am currently trying to find time to learn HTML5 in order to escape the costs of my web builder. She's a great designer but but I need to do it myself.

Thanks again I very much appreciated your input 🙂
Cheers
Rob

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.