Can't login into the sandbox with business accounts

atrodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I need to log in with the Business account to test paypal express checkout using foxycart but when I try to log in I always get this error

paypalerror.JPG

I've tried with the default faciltator account that is created with the sandbox and with several other business accounts I've created and the result is always the same. I've also tried loging in with my broswer in private mode, but that also didn't help.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi @atrodriguez

When you are re-directed to the PayPal page to login, what URL is shown in the address bar ?

If it's "www.paypal.com" then you need to use your production account credentials.
If it's "www.sandbox.paypal.com" then you need to use your sandbox account credentials.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi @atrodriguez

When you are re-directed to the PayPal page to login, what URL is shown in the address bar ?

If it's "www.paypal.com" then you need to use your production account credentials.
If it's "www.sandbox.paypal.com" then you need to use your sandbox account credentials.

Login to Me Too

atrodriguez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS_Justin

this helped, thank you.

It was redirecting me to paypal.com

typed sandbox.paypal.com manually and it worked

Login to Me Too

chrisaguilera_
Contributor
Contributor

I've made it to this step, typing into the proper sandbox url manually, though when i use my sandbox account credentials, it redirects me to a page saying: "You've been inactive for a while, so we logged you out to help protect your account. Please return to the merchant and restart the payment process"

I've continuously logged in to make sure that I'm properly logged into my sandbox account through a separate tab being opened, and it still gives me this message. Any idea how to fix this?

Login to Me Too

chrisaguilera_
Contributor
Contributor

I've made it to this step. But when i login through the sandbox.paypal url it redirects me to a page saying this: You've been inactive for a while , so we logged you out to help protect your account. Please return to the merchant and restart the payment process.

I've double checked and made sure i'm logged in through a separate tab open, but it still gives me this notification. how could i fix this?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Use only one tab / window when conducting the checkout experience.

When you submit the payment request, your browser should redirect you to "sandbox.paypal.com" where you can login with the account credentials for your sandbox account. Don't have other tabs open when testing, especially a page where the production PayPal site is loaded. Clear cache / cookies, close and re-open browser and then re-attempt the payment process.

Login to Me Too

oudhshop
Contributor
Contributor

it does not work

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.