Can't add "vault" to PayPal LIVE app: Something went wrong saving the application. Try again.

itwcreativework
Contributor
Contributor

We are creating a LIVE REST API app for each of our services inside the PayPal developer dashboard. We need "vault" enabled for subscriptions.  We created 5 apps without issue but we can no longer create apps with "vault" enabled because we get an error: "Something went wrong saving the application. Try again."

Here is our exact process:

- under Dashboard, I select "My Apps & Credentials"

- then click the "Live" tab

- then the "Create app" button, fill out the "App Name"

- everything is good so far but when we check the "vault" option under "accepted payments" we get the error "Something went wrong saving the application. Try again."

Please advise us on what to do.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

not_here

Hi @itwcreativework

Would you be able to submit a request to Merchant Technical Support and provide the debug ID's that go along with this issue you're facing. The vault functionality should be enabled by default (unless you are trying to add to an already existing app, which is not supported). Once you've submitted the ticket if you can provide the ticket number here, I can get the right people to look into this issue in detail. 

Christina 

Login to Me Too

itwcreativework
Contributor
Contributor

@not_here Thank you for the helpful reply. I will fill out the support ticket from the link you provided. However, I am confused on two points:

"provide the debug ID's that go along with this issue you're facing"

Where do we find these IDs?

"The vault functionality should be enabled by default (unless you are trying to add to an already existing app, which is not supported)"

I am not sure what you mean by an already existing app? We are creating the rest api apps for the first time now as we have never had any in our account prior.

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @itwcreativework,

Happy to help! Please find my responses below: 

Debug IDs - When you're trying to create the application and receive "Something went wrong, please try again later" you'll notice that the URL has changed to include an ID. You can provide that entire URL in the ticket and the agents should be able to use that to track the issue.

Vault Functionality - For both Sandbox and Live, when creating a new app for REST API the vault functionality should be automatically enabled <see screenshot below>. You shouldn't have to select anything when creating a new app to enable this feature.

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.09.27 AM.png

Christina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.