Can't Login with Sandbox Acct

RandallB2018
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to test PayPal payments setup in Woocommerce. As I understand it, tell me if I'm wrong, I create a Sandbox acct and then when I choose to pay with PayPal, I enter the sandbox credentials to login and finish payment. Problem is I can't login with Sandbox acct at all, I get an error message.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Make sure you change the settings for the PayPal payment module and enter the email address for the sandbox account to receive the payment and also ensure "sandbox" or "test" mode is enabled.

If the issuer persists, share the exact error message and if possible, a PayPal debug id

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

RandallB2018
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately that isn't it. Forget making transaction.....I can't even login! Create the account, use password 'helloworld', it doesn't work, change password to '12345678' and still I get the error 'Some of your info isn't correct. Please try again.'. The tech guy at PayPal said reset the password but of course that doesn't work.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

When you reach the PayPal page where you login, what is shown in the address bar of the browser ?

What is the email address of the sandbox account you wish to login with ?

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

chrisaguilera_
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same problem too. I've created multiple sandbox accounts, but when i reach the log-in page to test a payment, i can't login because it says my account is invalid

Login to Me Too

chrisaguilera_
Contributor
Contributor

I found the solution, i was being re-directed to www.paypal.com and found out that I need to be on www.sandbox.paypal.com for the sandbox account to work, however, when i try to log-in, it continues to redirect me to a page that gives me the notification: "You've been inactive for awhile, so we logged you out to help protect your account. Please return to the merchant and restart the payment process"

What does this mean? I've already logged into my account several times on a separate tab as well.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Stefan

Hi guys,

The best starting point for this would be our guide here: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/ug_sandbox/

But in essence, the following might help.

• The sandbox is a complete copy of the real system and to reach/use it, ensure "sandbox" is in the address field where needed.
    e.g.: sandbox.paypal.com is a copy of paypal.com but you can only login here with sandbox accounts you created on the developer portal (https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/)
  • You can check the emails send to these "fake" test accounts here: https://developer.paypal.com/developer/notifications/
  • When you login to the Dev Portal you will already have 2 accounts created by us: -facilitator account (merchant account) and -buyer account (buyer).
  • Always test using private/incognito browser to avoid cookies, temp files etc. conflicts with live sites.
  • To test with the sandbox, your endpoints, the servers your integration need to talk to, have to be the sandbox ones. Most shopping carts have a button for that, check their documentation how to and what to change.
    If you do a custom integration, here is a list with all endpoints: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/endpoints/

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

KC-20CY
Contributor
Contributor

To @MTS_Stefan :

Your guide page(1) shall be written something similar to your replay content for people to get a step-by-step information for knowhow about Sandbox test, I succeed the sandbox transaction by guessing that I need to use 2 fake accounts for buyer and seller, but before I succeeded this time, I failed a couple times and wondering what when wrong, wrong with my side or your side? and before this work session, I tried and failed a couple months ago, if your Guide web page(1) should be written like you reply does, I wouldn't have to wastes months to get to knowhow of utilizing Paypal sandbox process, neither would I need to waste so much time for try&error many times at this work session, and I almost give up again.   Please, represent your Guide web page(1) by targeting Human readers!  Thanks.

(1)Guide web page:  https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/ug_sandbox/

Regards,

KC

Login to Me Too

WalkerZero
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your post! It really helped. They should definitely think on simplifying the testing environment. People are loosing time and money to understand how it works. On the other platforms testing is much, much easier.

Login to Me Too

KC-20CY
Contributor
Contributor

In order to keep the meaning of my earlier replay in context, I hereby attached the content of the mentioned Guide(Formally titled "PayPal Sandbox Testing Guide") web page as follow.

2019-08-01_164227.jpg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.