Can I test PayPal Rest API integration on production

mj1512
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have PayPal Rest API into my website for accepting payments. I have tested it on Sandbox and it works fine. Now I would like test the same using LIVE Rest API credentials, by having a test transaction $1 from my Credit Card. But my site is yet to be fully implemented will all the Guidelines provided by PayPal. 

I just wanted to check if switching to production from sandbox works fine. I know it works but wanted to make sure it works perfectly fine without any issues.

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

You cannot pay yourself since this is considered Cash Advancing, which is a restricted activity. Please keep in mind that your live PayPal Account cannot be used to test credit card behaviors.

If you are attempting a Direct Credit Card, you can perform one test transaction with one of the test cards to ensure that live your integration is setup correctly.

If you are testing PayPal payments, when you receive the correct PayPal Hosted Page you have integrated PayPal Payments correctly.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi @mj1512

You can request a family member, friend or colleague to conduct a "live" payment to you using a debit/credit card if you wish to test if your integration is production ready.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.