Braintree\Transaction error 2046 : TRANSACTION_REFUSED

Agami_Erve
New Community Member

Hi 

We're having an issue using Braintree\Transaction 

SandBox works well, however live fail on real transaction with error 2046 (transaction refused)

We tried multiple different accounts with both using PayPal balance and using CreditCard.

Transaction is in Euro.

Thanks for helping

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

According to the Braintree Direct Documentation error 2046 is a decline message coming from the Card Issuing Bank.

Here is the documentation on Braintree Error Messages:

https://articles.braintreepayments.com/control-panel/transactions/declines

Thanks,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

maccan

I've the same problem. Changing the live accesstoken of another paypal business account of mine the transaction successfully.

In sandbox the transaction complete successfully. A customer of mine also called his bank and they said that is Paypal that declined the payment.

Contacting the merchant support the said that: "When I reviewed your Braintree to PayPal connection, it looks like it is still under review, which can cause problems when you attempt to process PayPal payments." They suggested to contact braintree support, braintree support suggested to contact Paypal at another email address  and they suggested me to change integration mode.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.