Authorization failed due to insufficient permissions. Invalid Scopes

SandepSoni
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am getting authentication error when trying to an authorization request on Paypal sandbox environment.

Error message: "Authorization failed due to insufficient permissions"

Sandbox ID - gmk5dfkmv4hfvtfx
{
"name": "BUSINESS_ERROR",
"debug_id": "475026eb1dc84",
"message": "Business error",
"information_link": "https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/api/#BUSINESS_ERROR",
"details": [
{
"name": "UNAUTHORISED ACCESS",
"message": "Authorization failed due to insufficient permissions. Invalid Scopes"
}
]
}

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Advertise
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS_Jennifer . We are facing the same issue with our sandbox account and the debug id is "05dd0da122e24". Can you please add the future payments scope to our sandbox account as well!. Appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too

Advertise
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Jennifer, Can you please add the required scopes to our sandbox account? Our product development is currently blocked because of this issue. Appreciate your help. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hi @Advertise 

Thank you for participating in this post. Can you please provide the sandbox merchant id associated with your Rest API app? We will add the needed scopes once we receive this information.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Advertise
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Jennifer , We are currently using the "Express Checkout via Braintree SDK" option and I can not find the merchant id anywhere in our PayPal developer account. However the account id on the sandbox account associated with this is "W27UWMC8M92UA". Please let me know if this helps.

Login to Me Too

Advertise
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS_Jennifer . We are also facing the same issue with our sandbox account and the debug id is "fe8adc5ec92e4". Can you please add the future payments scope to our sandbox account as well!. Appreciate your help.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @Advertise ,

Thank you for contributing to this post. I have enabled Reference Transactions/Future Payments on your Sandbox Rest API App.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.