Adaptive Payments

Marhoon
Contributor
Contributor

I am working with a start up and were looking to use Paypals adaptive payments, mainly the preapprovals and the parallel payments.

I've read on the adaptive payments docs that it is for selected partners for approved use cases, does this mean that we would be unable to use these features?

Thanks for any help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
HI @Marhoon,

Adaptive Payments has been depreciated and it no longer generally available.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

MTS_Justin
HI @Marhoon,

Adaptive Payments has been depreciated and it no longer generally available.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Login to Me Too

Marhoon
Contributor
Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I was reading it used to be generally available, does this mean that it is going to be stopped at some point and replaced with an alternative?

If there is no alternative available is there any way for us to become one of the "select partners" to be able to integrate adaptive payments?

Login to Me Too

javid90
Contributor
Contributor

You say that paypal stopped adaptive payments. I have website where travel agencies can sell their tours. And adaptive payment with chained method is good for me. Now what I can use instead if adaptive payments are not supported ?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

If your already using Adaptive Payments you can continue to do so and they will be supported. Adaptive Payments is only unavailable for new integrations.

PayPal for Marketplaces will provide similar functionality when it's made generally available in Q2/Q3 2018.

Login to Me Too

javid90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, at the moment I use Express checkout flow and it does not support chained payment and I get all payments to my account then deduct my comission and transfer merchant money to themselves. But I want to use chained method to do this process automatically on product checkout. What I need to do for enabling  adaptive chained payment ? Must I call you ? or anything else ? 

Also I have a second question: From May 2018 I will give travel agencies to create their website store  through my web project jintravel.com. It means that each merchant will be able to have for example ustravel.jintravel.com, myagency.jintravel.com etc. website. My question :

If I save their api credentials (api public key and secret) in my server and use them on their web store (ustravel.jintravel com and also jintravel.com) to process to process paypal express chekout payment - it will work or not ?

Note: I can save only public key, but on this time I will not be able to authorize payment. 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Adaptive Chained Payments are no longer available for new integrations

To be 100% clear, no adaptive payment product is available for new integrations.

In regards to the client_id / client_secret query, that should work once you have both.

Login to Me Too

javid90
Contributor
Contributor

So, if I have both client id and client secret then my partners will be able to get their payment. no matter the payment is made from jintravel.com or ustravel.jintravel.com. Yes ? If yes, that is very good.

Login to Me Too

Jovial1989

Hello!

Tell me please if Adaptive payments become available for new customers/integrations?

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/adaptive-payments/

This is a quote from the link - Important: Adaptive Payments is now a limited release product. It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases and should not be used for new integrations without guidance from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Adaptive Payments is depreciated and no longer generally available for new integrations.

As per the page you reference "It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases". This means that only select PayPal partners can request the product for use cases which have been pre-approved by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.