(401) Unauthorized error once switching from Sandbox to Live account (REST API)

bd9000
Contributor
Contributor

I spent 40 hours recoding a website that used the old NVP/SOAP API to now use the REST API due to the requirement for TLS 1.2  (for a client of mine).
After making necessary changes and thoroughly testing the app (ASP.Net cart - custom) on the Sandbox and getting all the quirks worked out, I decided to switch to the LIVE mode and test.  I've verified all the credentials and they are 100% correct. ClientId & Secret are exactly correct, but I am at a loss when I attempt to connect to the live system - just getting an (401) Unauthorized message back from PayPal's server.
My client's account has been active for over a decade and has been working just fine with the SOAP API for that amount of time, and it is an Express Account as well (that is, the customer can either use my client's credit card entry OR click on a Paypal button and pay that way).  I've scoured the customer's business account settings to see if there was some activation button somewhere, but could not find anything.
How do I activate Paypal Express to work LIVE? (works fine in the Sandbox)?  I can't to find an answer to this anywhere (and see many others posting this same question w/ambiguous answers or no answers - just more questions).
Can anybody help me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bd9000
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone? 

Login to Me Too

ejames2
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Were you able to get it resolved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.