Setting Up SFTP reports with PayPal

MTS_Ciaran

PayPal can deliver reports to a dedicated SFTP server on our reporting endpoints which you can access via SFTP either through a client or programmatically. You will need to contact customer support/business Support or your account manager to get enabled but this guide will help you with getting started once enabled. 

Full downloadable guide available HERE

Getting Started

1. Log into https://www.paypal.com
  2. Click the Profile subtab in the upper right.
  3. Click on Profile and Settings in the dropdown 
  4. Select My settings
  5. Then go to Secure FTP Users
  6. On this page, click Add
  7. Verify your identity by reentering the full account number of the bank account associated with your PayPal account.
  8. From the displayed page, make a note of the PayPal-generated Secure FTP user account name.
  9. Enter your first and last names.
  10. Enter a password and reenter it for verification.  NOTE: The Secure FTP Server username and password are unique and distinct from usernames and passwords for logging into any other PayPal service
  11. Agree to the Terms of Use.
  12. Click Create User. (This can take up to 48 hours to complete)

Server Location

The SFTP access endpoint is reports.paypal.com and can be accessed through port 22 when using FTP. 

SFTP Password Reset

1. Log into your PayPal account
  2. Click Profile
  3. Click on Secure FTP Server Users
  4. Select the radio button next to the SFTP username you want to reset
  5. Click on Reset Password button
  6. Type in the new Password and type it again to confirm. Click on Save button.

NOTE: The password should take affect within 15-30 minutes.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PQS1
Contributor
Contributor

this has not helped me.  I did as you suggest.  I have my user created.  I cannot load the reports.paypal.com page.  Why should we be jumping through all these hoops JUST to get a settlement report??  ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

ZippyTs
Contributor
Contributor

Will this allow for the report to fill in the subject field properly for report generation?

Login to Me Too

AlFromCanada
Contributor
Contributor

NOT AVAILABLE OUTSIDE USA, for example, to Canadian registered companies. (If registered in USA, but accessing from out-of-country, it should work)

Please make this information available elsewhere in your documentation. I searched and attempted for a couple of hours over different days to activate SFTP access. I only found out by finally calling PayPal customer service and waiting on hold 10 minutes while the rep looked up this little-known fact. Very frustrating experience.

And please make it available outside USA! 

Thanks,

-Al

Login to Me Too

jmaclabs
Contributor
Contributor

The API docs indicate SFTP user setup is required and shows steps to enable it, but, the UI and the docs are not aligned - I have a business account and the steps indicate an Update step to enable/create/allow SFTP user, but, there is no feature in the UI.

My account/business is US-based, which seems to be a requirement, but, docs != reality. 😞

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
Please help me to make my account active
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.