There is no "Credits" concepts for the Smart Buttons + V2 API anymore?

wenderfreese
Contributor
Contributor

I'm implementing the new Smart Buttons on my project and I recently notice that it seems we do not have "Credits" concept anymore, I mean, when I'm creating an Order I'm able to specify the amount, discount, taxes, insurance but I cannot see an option to "Credits". The previous version of PayPal EC allowed me to do that and it shows correctly on checkout page as "Credits applied: $ <amount>".

For the purpose of this thread I'm referring for Credits as the merchant credits given for users to be used on their purchasers.

Note: I cannot use "Credits" as an item of my cart considering the API does not accept negative values.

Reference: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#definition-amount_breakdown

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @wenderfreese 

It sounds like the variables you're looking for are the Discount Object. You can find that object in the link you attached. The discount object doesn't support negative values, however if you have the price of an item set at 100.00 and the discount set as 5.00, the total should come out to 95.00 (even though that discount amount variable is a positive value). 

That should be the resolution you're looking for where you can "credit" a total amount. It just looks a little different from the "credit" option in Express Checkout.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @wenderfreese 

It sounds like the variables you're looking for are the Discount Object. You can find that object in the link you attached. The discount object doesn't support negative values, however if you have the price of an item set at 100.00 and the discount set as 5.00, the total should come out to 95.00 (even though that discount amount variable is a positive value). 

That should be the resolution you're looking for where you can "credit" a total amount. It just looks a little different from the "credit" option in Express Checkout.

Hope that helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

wenderfreese
Contributor
Contributor

You're right, that's no exactly what I wanted to do but is exactly how things work, I mean, I planned to have a different line description for credits and coupons but considering we do not have that option I decided to do like, accumulate coupons and credits in discounts attribute and use de description one to break down the value of credits and coupons separately. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.