Simplest way to integrate PayPal in the Xamarin.Android application

OlehKosiakov
New Community Member

Hello,

I am writing an Android application as an alternative to the web site, which now has a REST API.

On the web site they have already integrated payments as a redirection to the PayPal page, web server returns redirection address to the PPal page via API.

So, I need to integrate PayPal payments into the android application.

The best implementation for me is to open PayPal page in the new Activity with web browser on the full screen (I have implemented it already) and handle payment results.  I am having difficulties with handling, because I don't know whether regular web checkout view supports JS events of success/fail, so I could track them in the application, and whether it will be normal approach.

I don't want to use BrainTree SDK, because the will have to redo a lot on the Backend for that, and website does not need BrainTree.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Suranjan
New Community Member
I too am using xamarin as a standalone app without server. Just Google firebase do. Auth. How can I integrate PayPal? Should I use a web view? Did u get a solution? Can I possibly share any tips?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.