Sandbox SDK. 3D Secure crashes every time due to Cardinal: V1/Cruise/Collect/ Bad Request 400.

Duskshard
Contributor
Contributor

Implementing the Advanced Payment via the documentation. It all mostly works, apart from 3D secure. I put the contingency in, the 3D secure pop up shows but before it can be completed, the pop up leaves and I am returned with. Looking through the logs and such, I think the main culprit is this cardinal service that paypal seems to be calling. It always returns with a 400 Bad Request with no errors nor logs. I do believe its related to 3D secure as by looking it up, it seems to be a service that is supposed to handle 3D secure authentication. Is there something I have misconfigured or maybe not enabled on my sandbox account? Has anyone ran into any issues with this part of the Javascript SDK (enabling 3D secure via contingency). 

{ authenticationReason: "ERROR"

authenticationStatus: "ERROR"

card: undefined

liabilityShift: "NO"

liabilityShifted: false

orderId: "3AK17580RH198705A"

}

Duskshard_0-1650469098203.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kurt-hodeges-4R
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am having the exact same issue and I would love to get some help too.

So far I have only tested this from my local site running on IIS. I wonder if there is something happening to the API request due to the way my site is configured? I will let you know if I find anything.

Login to Me Too

kurt-hodeges-4R
Contributor
Contributor

I have had helpful a response from PayPal support!

They first asked me to do the following:

To further investigate this behavior, we'll need you to test the payment flow with the sample test cards below and let us know if the issue persists or if you experienced a different error.

Exp:01/2023 CVV:123

I reported back that card 5232106671708398 worked and returned the correct payload. I asked why non of the other cards from paypals development documentation worked and they replied:

There were changes to the 3DS test cards based on the v2 rollout. Unfortunately, it has not been updated in our documentation yet, but I have reached out to the relevant team to assist with updating the information accordingly.

The response received is identical to the production response, and as such, I believe the integration is working as expected, and you do not need to worry about the HTTP 400 error in the request logs and instead focus on the 3DS response object.

Successful Authentication

Failed Frictionless Authentication

Exp:01/2023 CVV:123

I tried the above 4 cards and they all worked as expected, allowing me to test my code. Interestingly, there is still a failed 400 response for a request to V1/Cruise/Collect/ in my network log for each of these cards, but atleast the payload is being returned correctly.

I hope this helps you and anyone else experiencing this problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.