Recurring billing fails after a few cycles consistently for credit card customers
I have been using PayPal for around a year now, and one major issue I'm facing is with recurring billing, I've disabled it at this point and am pretty much ready to give up on PayPal, but wanted to post here to see if anyone had any insights. Most of my customers setup recurring billing using credit cards, but every single person who does so starts failing after 2-3 months. Not a single credit card user has gone past that point, bank account payments continue to work, but cards consistently get blocked. I believe this may be because of my business being an online dating site, that the banks actually block them as a precaution, but wanted to see if others are experiencing the issue as well.
Few technical notes:
- I'm using checkout.js tied to a custom REST integration.
- Site in question is <removed>
- My PayPal account is very old, like prehistoric
- One off payments work fine obviously, but need to charge more to make up for it, so customers seem less keen
- I've spoken to customer service, they don't have any specific advise, one suggested changing the industry from dating to something else, but that seems a bit shady
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Post edited by Moderator to comply with Community Guidelines.