PayPal JavaScript SDK integration problem using payment different than PayPal does end in an error

schw31nsbratn
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

first I started implementing PayPal Checkout with the checkout.js. Now in february 2019 this method seems to be deprecated and you should use the PayPal JavaScript API.

So I tried to use this API.

It is not that complicated but there are so many different informations regarding how to implement your own PayPal integration (PHP, JavaScript SDK, checkout.js, ...).

So what is my problem? I implemented the example which shows a few PayPal options to the customer: PayPal, SEPA, VISA.

I am using a sandbox account and when I try to pay using PayPal, everything works as expected. Logged in to the seller PayPal Sandbox account I see the payment.

But when I try to pay using a different payment option, for example VISA, there is an error 😞

I will get the new window. I provide all informations. No error after clicking the Pay button. But then, instead of an successfull payment, I will get an error message. The message is shown in the same window where I provided the VISA data.

"Entschuldigung. Leider ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Erneut versuchen"

"Sorry. A error occurred. Try again"

A retry does not change anything 😞

When I execute this payment with the "old" checkout.js method this works (with the same sandbox clientId).

Does someone know what to do in this case? What did I miss here?

Many thanks,

schw31nsbratn

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.