PayPal Here Declining Cash Payment via URL from Filemaker

FutureX1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm originating the invoice info from Filemaker and sending the data to PayPal Here via URL (paypalhere://takePayment?returnUrl=...) the format is fine as PayPal accepts the code and presents a payment screen with the correct amount and invoice line item.  However when I choose cash payment and enter the amount the transaction is always declined.  "Transaction Cancelled.  Unable to process payment" I click OK and choose "No Thanks" on the receipt page, I get the red X, Declined, click Done, it returns to Filemaker via my callback URL and enters the 'UNKNOWN' type in my results field.  It also properly passes the buyers email address back to Filemaker.

So the entire roundtrip is formatted correctly and actually works fine but I'm at a loss as to why the cash payment is being declined.  I don't have a reader connected as I'm just testing at the moment.

I can use PayPal Here independently and take a cash payment from an invoice created within PayPal Here and that works fine.  I did read the post about either not setting the InvoiceID or setting it to a non-repetitive number, both did not work.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.