Nudge in the right API direction, please

dbdata
Contributor
Contributor

Back end processing is not my thing, so I', dumber than usual in this area.  That's my way of apologizing for the dumb RTFM questions.

My E-comm product maintains data persistence with tokens and each interaction with a user starts with a Submit/Form Post.   For this reason I can't see how I can direct the customer to PayPal for credit/debit card processing ... because any answer back would have to be a Form Post and that post would come from PayPal, not the user.

What I can do is gather the credit/debit card data from the user and then use CURL to transmit that to PayPal, wait for a response and then respond in turn to the end users.  This would give me the freedom to send url encoded data and then receive html, xml, json or any other format.

So the question is -- does PayPal have any library of scripts that I can just use out of the box - sending my canned credentials along with the customer card data - and then just get a simple response?  post-read-done?

Can someone point me in that general direction?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.