Messaging Components Suddenly Stopped Working

GradyP
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

API URL Used: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/limited-release/sdk-credit-messaging/integrate/

Are there currently any known problems with the PayPal Credit Messaging API?

I implemented it about a month ago and has been working perfectly fine until 25th February 2020, now the credit banners do not display at all, I have generated another client-id so I could check if the problem was being caused by that and the problem still persists, however, I do think it is related to the client-id because if I set the client-id to "sb" (sandbox environment) then the problem goes away and the banners continue to display again.

Any ideas on what could be possibly causing this problem?

Thanks,

Grady

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mascho
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

this is the same issue I have: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/SDKs/Smart-Credit-Modal-JavaScript-file-doesn-t-exist/td-p/20576...

the modal script version 1.7.4 doesn't exist, although the SDK tries to load it. It only works with the "apply-now" in the script name, but for some reason that only is inserted for some client ids.

I contacted PayPal support but haven't heard of them yet 😕

Login to Me Too

kt241
Contributor
Contributor

Same here - and calling support is like talking with my grandma about computers. Any support here in this forum?
Changing client-id to sb shows the banner ...

changing to my client-id shows no banner and throws 404 <removed>

Login to Me Too

mascho
Contributor
Contributor

😮 a PayPal support member actually contacted me today on my initial support request. Only saying they were looking into it, but still. Progress. 😄

I'll let you guys know as soon as I get more information.

Login to Me Too

mascho
Contributor
Contributor

The error should be solved now, at least the file with version 1.7.4 does exist now!

But, for my client, it still doesn't work. But I guess it might be because he's not approved for using the installments payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.