Merchant SDK Java

webguy
New Community Member

Hi,

I am looking to utilize the Java Merchant SDK.  I have no problem downloading, building it and hooking into it.  Technical integration is not a problem.  However, I am confused by the packaging.  I would not have expected packaging to be urn.ebay.*.  I see that ebay and paypal were at one time one entity and are no longer so.  I can also can understand that packaging cannot change without affecting source code compatibility for those already using it.  There are also some relics of urn.ebay namespace in some of the (presumably) auto-generated classes that appear to be removed.  It also makes sense that the packing would follow the namespace here.  All these things seem to make some sense.  However, I just want to verify the suitability of the Java Merchant SDK for integration.  Can someone please provide some insights?  It feels odd to be integrating into a library with such packaging.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.