Issues with multiple currencies

PirateBuy
New Community Member

Hi,
In my client side I'm using PayPal check out via Braintree's Drop-UI, there I have to specify a currency:
```
braintree.dropin.create({
          paypal: {
              flow: 'checkout', // Required
              amount: 10, // Required
              currency: 'ILS', // Required
          }
});
```

In my server side I'm using Braintree SDK (PHP), there I don't pass currency ('cause it causes Auth issues from Braintree, their thinks that I'm using their account while I'm using only PayPal's accessToken).

I went to PayPal developer’s dashboard > My Apps & Credentials > Express Checkout via Braintree SDK Credentials > Clicked on the account and checked both USD and ILS in the Currencies list.

My issue is that when I'm trying to pay with account that have only USD balance (while in the client I'm specifying ILS), I'm getting the error: `The currency of this PayPal transaction must match the currency of the merchant account`, but when paying with account that have ILS balance it works fine.
*It also happen when switching to USD in the client and trying to pay with account that have ILS balance.

Bottom line:
How can I support both USD and ILS payments?
There is a way to pass via the client both currencies and PayPal will detect the available balance depending on the user account and charge appropriately?

Thanks,
Ido.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.