Invoice Creation - Missing Sales Tax

tdalzell
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

I am creating an application that uses the PayPal Here SDK to generate invoices and process payments;  However, I am running into an issue while generating said invoice.  It appears that when I submit an invoice to be processed, it is not applying sales tax to the total.  I know from debugging that the shopping cart object knows what the sales tax is (found in cart.getTaxTotal()), but I can't seem to find a way to pass that to the invoice.

I also know there is supposed to be a way for the PayPal Here system to automatically calculate and add sales tax, but after following all of the guides, it's still not being applied to the invoice and the final charge amount.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

tdalzell
Contributor
Contributor

@not_here Any direction you could give?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @tdalzell,

Happy to help. I'll reply back here once I know the answer to your question. 

Thanks,

Christina  

Login to Me Too

not_here

Hi @tdalzell,

At first glance of your described issue it sounds like you're not setting the tax within the SDK and relying on the tax settings within the account, which is not the case with the PPH SDK. You would need to set the tax on the invoice when you are creating it with the items. 

If you continue to have issues, I'd suggest submitting a ticket with Merchant Technical Support. Please include if you're working on iOS or Android when doing so so they can help you further. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Christina  

Login to Me Too

tdalzell
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.  I will open a ticket with Merchant Technical Support as you suggest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.