How to use Smart Buttons to create a new recurring payment with a variable amount & frequency?

lydschmid
Contributor
Contributor

I want to use the Paypal smart buttons to create a recurring donation payment which will allow a donor to select the amount and frequency of their donation. They must also be able to specify if the donation is Gift Aid.

I am trying to implement the createSubscription method, but this requires that you have set up a subscription plan with a product. 
It is impossible to set up a subscription plan for every possible combination of donation amount + frequency. Ideally I want to be able to create a recurring payment here and specify the amount, frequency of payment, and if this is a gift aid donation. I don't want to have to implement a subscription plan. 

Is what I am trying to achieve not possible using Smart Buttons? The Subscribe/Donation button allows you to set up a recurring payment which has no associated subscription plan. I would use this, however I need the function of the onApprove callback function that the Smart Buttons offers so that I can capture the order to complete further functionality on the page without being redirected.

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.